GGLeagues for Parents
The video game industry has significantly grown over the past decade with now over 240 million gamers in the United States and over 2.7 billion gamers worldwide. Here at GGLeagues, our goal is to provide a platform for gamers to be able to safely compete in a fun setting. GGLeagues works with over 300 park districts, schools, cities, and other recreation agencies to power their gaming leagues and provide an enjoyable experience for players of all ages.
At GGLeagues, we are providing a safer and more social way for kids to continue to play the games they love. With our platform, your child will safely be able to play games against other local kids in a structured environment.
Keeping your child safe online:
- Our team of referees and league managers will be on staff to make sure everyone is staying within our code of conduct guidelines.
- With our private match chats, your child can communicate safely against their opponent.
- Your child's online persona is private and you can feel safe that your child's information will not get shared.
- GGLeagues is fully in compliance with COPPA.
- You can control what leagues/tournaments your child is involved in.
- Take part in age specific competitions so your child is playing with other children
What is esports?
Esports is the competitive practice of video games. There are professional esports teams that compete in franchised leagues, akin to NBA or NFL.
Curious to learn more about esports, collegiate esports scholarships, and how to get more involved with your child through gaming? Check out our parents guide to esports here
Benefits of Esports on our Youth
- Channel their passion
- Learn leadership and teamwork
- Develop discipline, strategy, and problem solving skills
- Opportunity to make friends and meet others
- Opportunities for collegiate scholarships
GGLeagues Platform Benefits
- Fun & inclusive
- Monitored match chats
- Safe online gaming persona
- Compete against local players
- Segmented age divisions
- Open to all skill levels
- Structured competitions
- Social interaction
- Personal support
GGLeagues Player Code of Conduct
To ensure we are providing the best experience possible, all players are expected to display Good Gamer Behavior as listed below.
- Respect your opponents, team, and GGLeagues staff
- Don’t be toxic. This means NO:
- Homophobic remarks
- Lewd/NSFW remarks or posts
- Play with integrity in all GGLeagues matches
- Follow all the rules listed out in our GGLeagues Rulebooks