Last updated December 11, 2020
This policy applies to your use of the GGLeagues services. By “GGLeagues services,” we mean any of our website, games, or other products or services that link to this policy. Additional terms and conditions may also apply to your relationship with GGLeagues, depending on how you choose to interact with us. Please read this entire policy to make sure you fully understand it. You should also be sure to carefully review other terms potentially applicable to your visit and your use of specific GGLeagues services and confirm that you understand and agree to them, before using the GGLeagues services.
Information We Collect
We collect personally identifiable information such as real name, alias, postal address, payment account number and expiration date, billing address, date of birth, unique personal identifier, online identifier, internet protocol address, email address, account name, or other similar identifiers and information we collect via in-game or inter-league chats. We automatically assign each new GGLeagues account with a number (an “GGLeagues account ID”) during the registration process, which helps to uniquely reference your GGLeagues account across the GGLeagues services and facilitate features like cross-play. We generally collect information in three ways: (1) you voluntarily provide information to us, such as by creating an account, making purchases, or signing up for email alerts or text message alerts, (2) we collect information automatically from your use of GGLeagues services, such as through cookies or our games and other software, and (3) other parties, such as partner organizations, game console platforms and social networks, may provide information to us. Each of these methods is described in more detail below.
(1) Information You Provide
You may provide your personal information to us when you choose to use the GGLeagues services. Because we change our offerings and features from time to time, the options you have to provide us with information also may change. Some of the most common examples of situations in which you may provide information to us include:
- Creating an GGLeagues account;
- Using the GGLeagues services’ social features;
- Purchasing something from us or otherwise engaging in a transaction with us;
- Entering online competitions or registering for or participating in special events;
- Entering contests or sweepstakes, participating in any of our promotions, or accepting any prizes from us;
- Signing up for email or text message alerts or subscribing to receive other information from us;
- Using a mobile device, such as a phone, to play our games or use our applications; and
- Contacting us for any reason, such as by email, including for technical support or customer service.
Other specific types of information you may be able to provide us will often vary depending on the GGLeagues services you are using and how you interact with them.
(2) Information We Collect Automatically
We collect some information automatically when you visit the GGLeagues services. We typically aggregate this data and use it in statistical form to determine trends among groups of users, rather than using it to identify individuals. If a combination of information that we collect does identify you as an individual, we will treat the combined information as personal information.
We collect information automatically through technologies such as web browsers, cookies, log files, web beacons, and our back-end servers collect usage data transmitted from the GGLeagues services. We use the information for purposes such as modifying or improving features, managing advertising, addressing technical issues, preventing fraud or misuse of our services, and conducting data analytics. The type of information that we automatically collect may vary, but generally includes:
- Technical information about your computer, device, hardware, or software you use to access the Internet or our services, such as IP address or other transactional or identifier information for your device (such as device make and model, information about device operating systems and browsers, or other device or system related specifications);
- Usage information and statistics about your interaction with the GGLeagues services, which may include the URLs of our websites that you have visited, URLs of referring and exiting pages, page views, time spent on a page, number of clicks, platform type, the application you used or the game you played, how long you used or played it and when, and other usage statistics;
- Crash reports, which may be automatically generated when a game or application crashes and includes information about your system and the crash;
- Information that facilitates a safer and more personalized experience, such as your display name or other user identification provided in connection with your application use or game play, saved preferences, game progress, and device identifiers or usage information for authentication and fraud prevention purposes; and
- The location of your device, such as may be derived from your device’s IP address.
Please note that if certain features on the GGLeagues services are provided by third parties, those third parties may also use automated means of data collection and may record information about your use of the GGLeagues services or others’ websites over time. These features are subject to those third parties’ privacy notices and policies.
Fraud Prevention & Anti-Cheat:
Providing users with a fair, balanced, and competitive experience on the GGLeagues services is extremely important to us. We strictly enforce prohibitions against cheating, hacking, account stealing, and any other unauthorized or fraudulent activity on the GGLeagues services. When you create an GGLeagues account, buy our products or services, play our games, or otherwise interact with the GGLeagues on or through the GGLeagues services, we may use a variety of anti-cheat and fraud prevention technologies to help us identify and prevent malicious activity. These services may collect and analyze data about the game binary or your computer to detect cheating, and may be provided by GGLeagues or by third parties.
(3) Information We Receive from Others
In some cases, other parties provide us with information about you, or allow us to collect information about you. We generally collect information from other parties in four ways: (1) you interact with GGLeagues using a service that is not controlled by us, such as a social network, (2) you choose to use a social feature of the GGLeagues services, (3) you access GGLeagues services through another party, such as a gaming console or mobile device operator, or (4) you link a third party account to your GGLeagues account. In some cases, we are not able to control the amount or type of information that other parties, like social networks, make available to us. In those cases, we use only the data that we need to provide the types of services we think our users want and expect. Although we cannot control your privacy settings at those websites or how those other parties protect your privacy, once we receive information about you through those websites, we will treat it in accordance with this policy.
When You Interact with GGLeagues on Third Party Services
When you interact with GGLeagues on a website or app not controlled by GGLeagues, that website or app may allow GGLeagues access to certain information about you. For example, social networks may provide us with information from your profile on their services or other information that you agreed the social network or other party could provide to us.
When You Use Social Features of the GGLeagues Services
When you choose to use some of the GGLeagues services’ social features, you allow GGLeagues to receive information about you from third parties (like social networks). Our social features promote and facilitate interaction among players, such as by allowing you and your friends to work together to meet a shared challenge presented by our game or application. You may be able to use these features to find out if your friends are actively playing the game and using the feature, to find out if they used it in the past, and to invite them to join with you to meet a game challenge.
If you choose to use one of our social features, you may be asked to log into a social network through our game or application. The social network may then provide GGLeagues with information such as your social network user ID, your profile picture, and the user IDs and profile pictures of your connections.
When You Access GGLeagues Services through Other Parties or Devices
We may also receive information about you from the organizations that use our services and gaming systems. Those parties may provide us with information regarding your account or registration. Because those organizations determine what information they will collect from you, it may vary according to their services, but is likely to include details such as your display name and user ID for those services, as well as device and region information.
When You Link a Third Party Account to Your GGLeagues Account
If you choose to link a third-party account, such as a gaming console or social media account, to your GGLeagues account, the third party will provide GGLeagues with information about that account. Because those organizations determine what information they will collect from you, it may vary according to their services, but is likely to include details such as your third-party account display name and user ID, as well as associated device information, name, and email address.
How We Use and Share Information
As a general matter, we use and share the information we collect (either individually or in combination with other information collected as described in this policy) to help us provide, improve, customize, analyze, and market the GGLeagues services where we have an appropriate basis to do so.
We rely on several different legal bases to process personal information for the purposes disclosed in this policy. These often depend on the exact nature of your relationship with GGLeagues, but common examples include:
- To communicate with you, respond to your requests, or provide you with updates and information;
- To better understand our users and their preferences;
- To personalize your experience, save your preferences, authenticate our users, and provide similar user-experience features;
- To develop, deliver, and improve our products, services, and other offerings, some of which may be offered in partnership with other parties;
- To manage and customize advertisements or promotional offers;
- For security purposes; and
- For internal purposes such as auditing and data analysis;
- To provide services that are subject to terms you have accepted, such as enforcing our licenses, agreements, and terms of service, which may include reasonable monitoring to detect and prevent misuse or fraud, keep our games fair for all users, and otherwise protect and defend the GGLeagues services;
- When you give consent, which you can withdraw at any time;
- To comply with legal obligations.
We store personal information for as long as we reasonably need it to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected. For example, if you create an GGLeagues account, we will store the personal information associated with your GGLeagues account for as long as needed to maintain your account, provide the GGLeagues services you requested, enforce any applicable terms that govern your use of the GGLeagues services, and maintain appropriate records to reflect our delivery of the GGLeagues services to you. We periodically review the personal information we retain to determine whether continued storage is proper.
Service Providers. We share personal information with service providers that we’ve engaged to help support the GGLeagues services by performing certain services on our behalf and under our instructions. For example, if you make a purchase on the GGLeagues services, we’ll generally share your billing information with a third-party payment processor to enable your transaction. Other common examples include partners that assist with cloud storage, email marketing of products and services offered by GGLeagues, Player Support ticketing, and monitoring and securing the GGLeagues services. These service providers are not authorized by us to use or disclose personal information except as necessary to perform services on our behalf or comply with legal requirements.
Business Partners. We may share certain limited information, such as device identifiers, with business partners for purposes of executing and optimizing campaigns, and gauging the effectiveness of advertising and other marketing strategies solely on GGLeagues's behalf.
Social Features. We may share, or provide you with opportunities to share, information about you with other users of the GGLeagues services as described in this policy. We also provide services that allow our users to communicate with GGLeagues and each other, in which case personal information may be shared and account IDs may be displayed. For example, we may share information about you with your social contacts when you and they use the same social features of our games and applications.
We may also disclose information about you: (i) if we are required to do so by law, legal process, or a reasonable request from law enforcement authorities or other government officials, (ii) when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss or in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual illegal activity, or (iii) if necessary to protect the vital interests of another individual (such as to prevent serious damage to property, individual or group harassment, bodily harm, or death). We reserve the right to transfer information about our users in the event we sell or transfer all or substantially all our business or assets.
Your Choices and Controls
We seek to provide you with meaningful choices about the personal information you share with GGLeagues, as well as the ways we may use or share that information. We’ll generally only ask you for personal information that is necessary to provide the GGLeagues services you request. You can choose not to give us personal information we request, but if you decide not to, you may not be able to access certain parts of the GGLeagues services and some features may not work as intended.
We may also seek your and/or your parent or legal guardian’s prior consent to process your information in certain ways. You aren’t required to provide consent if you do not want your personal information to be processed for the requested purposes, and may withdraw your consent at any time. Any withdrawal of consent is only effective on a going-forward basis and will not impact processing we undertook while relying on your consent.
We provide you with the ability to request access to, and correction or deletion of, your personal information. You can update your account information or request that we delete your GGLeagues account directly through the GGLeagues services at any time. If you would like to request access to personal information associated with your GGLeagues account, please see the “How to Contact Us” section below.
Other examples of your choices include:
- You can browse our website without providing any personal information. We may collect some limited information automatically, as described above.
- You may opt out of receiving our marketing messages at any time by using the opt-out mechanism provided in the message.
- You can change your privacy settings on other parties’ websites, such as social networks, which will stop or limit our receipt of information from those other websites. You also may choose not to use social features we make available. If you choose to use these features, you should refrain from posting personal information that will be visible to others, such as including your email address in a forum or during a chat.
- You may change your browser settings or take other steps to block, manage, or delete cookies. Not all of our websites and online services currently respond to browser “do not track” signals, so you will need to use your browser settings to effectively manage cookies. In some cases, blocking or disabling cookies may cause our websites, games, and applications not to work as intended and some features may not be available.
- You can limit interest-based advertising by opting out at www.aboutads.info/choices/ or www.networkadvertising.org/choices/.
- If you are under the age of 18 and have an account for our websites, mobile apps, game engines, games, or other online services, you may request that we remove certain content that you provided, such as deleting or editing comments you have posted. You also may ask us to assist you in removing or anonymizing content you have posted by contacting us as described in the “How to Contact Us” section of this policy. Please be aware that taking these steps may not ensure complete or comprehensive removal of the content or information posted on our websites, online services, applications, or games. We also may not be able to remove content you post if applicable law requires us to maintain the posting or if another party has re-posted the content to a website, app, game or other online service that we do not own or control.
You may also exercise and amend your choices by sending an email to us as detailed in the “How to Contact Us” section below.
California Residents. If you are a California resident you have the right to ask us what personal information we have collected and shared about you, the right to request deletion of your personal information, and the right not to be discriminated against for exercising any of these rights. For more information about exercising these rights, send an email to the address specified in the “How to Contact Us” section below.
Sales of Information. GGLeagues only uses the personal information we collect to help provide, support, and improve the GGLeagues services as described in this policy, and we do not sell this information to third parties.
How We Protect Information
We maintain appropriate administrative, technical, and physical safeguards to protect your personal information from accidental, unlawful, or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure, or use and other unlawful forms of processing. In some cases, your information is accessible when you log into a feature we offer, and in those cases you need to keep your user credentials and password confidential and secure so that your information is protected.
The GGLeagues services are intended to be appropriate for general audiences and in some cases are directed to children under 13. GGLeagues does not intentionally collect and process personal information from children before seeking the required verifiable parental approval in accordance with applicable legal and regulatory obligations, such as the U.S. Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”).
We may ask you to provide age-related information in order to help us comply with laws like COPPA. For example, we may request your date of birth to determine whether COPPA requires us to obtain verifiable parental consent from your parent or guardian before allowing you to access the GGLeagues services.
If a user indicates they are a COPPA minor, we’ll require that user to complete a parental approval process before continuing to access the relevant GGLeagues services. This process is designed to notify parents that their child has requested access to the GGLeagues services, inform them about GGLeagues’s privacy practices, offer them the opportunity to approve GGLeagues’s collection and use of their child’s information as described in this policy, and describe the controls that we make available to them.
Once a parent provides their consent, we’ll give them an opportunity to review and change important account settings that control how their child can interact with the GGLeagues services. To learn more, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Parents are also generally free to change or revoke the choices they’ve previously made, and can review the personal information associated with their child’s account or request that we delete it from our systems. To submit these requests or ask us any other questions you may have about how we handle your child’s personal information, please see “How to Contact Us” below.
Authorized child accounts are otherwise treated much like other GGLeagues accounts. They can generally play approved games, access communications and social features (like chat and friends lists), and freely interact with most of the GGLeagues services. For additional details, please see the “Information We Collect” and “How We Use and Share Information” sections of the policy above.
This policy may be updated periodically to reflect changes in our personal information practices or relevant laws. We will indicate at the top of this policy when this policy was last updated. Please review this policy every time you access or use the GGLeagues services to make sure that you have reviewed the most recent version.
How to Contact Us
If you have general questions or concerns about the GGLeagues services (such as game-related issues, trouble accessing your GGLeagues account, bugs or other technical problems, payment matters, or content and entitlement issues), please contact our Player Support team.
To learn more about GGLeagues’s privacy practices or this policy, please email your questions to email@example.com or send them to us via postal mail (marked “Attn: Legal Department”) at the appropriate address listed below. You can also contact our Chief Privacy Officer directly at firstname.lastname@example.org. The GGLeagues entity identified below is responsible for providing the GGLeagues services to your region and is the controller of personal data collected under this policy.
If you reside in the United States of America:
73 W Monroe St 217
Chicago, Illinois 60603
§ 312.5 Parental consent.
(a) General requirements. (1) An operator is required to obtain verifiable parental consent before any collection, use, or disclosure of personal information from children, including consent to any material change in the collection, use, or disclosure practices to which the parent has previously consented. (2) An operator must give the parent the option to consent to the collection and use of the child’s personal information without consenting to disclosure of his or her personal information to third parties.
(b) Methods for verifiable parental consent. (1) An operator must make reasonable efforts to obtain verifiable parental consent, taking into consideration available technology. Any method to obtain verifiable parental consent must be reasonably calculated, in light of available technology, to ensure that the person providing consent is the child’s parent. (2) Existing methods to obtain verifiable parental consent that satisfy the requirements of this paragraph include:
- Providing a consent form to be signed by the parent and returned to the operator by postal mail, facsimile, or electronic scan;
- Requiring a parent, in connection with a monetary transaction, to use a credit card, debit card, or other online payment system that provides notification of each discrete transaction to the primary account holder;
- Having a parent call a toll-free telephone number staffed by trained personnel;
- Having a parent connect to trained personnel via video-conference;
- Verifying a parent’s identity by checking a form of government-issued identification against databases of such information, where the parent’s identification is deleted by the operator from its records promptly after such verification is complete; or
- Provided that, an operator that does not ‘‘disclose’’ (as defined by § 312.2) children’s personal information, may use an email coupled with additional steps to provide assurances that the person providing the consent is the parent. Such additional steps include: Sending a confirmatory email to the parent following receipt of consent, or obtaining a postal address or telephone number from the parent and confirming the parent’s consent by letter or telephone call. An operator that uses this method must provide notice that the parent can revoke any consent given in response to the earlier email.
(3) Safe harbor approval of parental consent methods. A safe harbor program approved by the Commission under § 312.11 may approve its member operators’ use of a parental consent method not currently enumerated in paragraph (b)(2) of this section where the safe harbor program determines that such parental consent method meets the requirements of paragraph (b)(1) of this section.
(c) Exceptions to prior parental consent. Verifiable parental consent is required prior to any collection, use, or disclosure of personal information from a child except as set forth in this paragraph:
- Where the sole purpose of collecting the name or online contact information of the parent or child is to provide notice and obtain parental consent under § 312.4(c)(1). If the operator has not obtained parental consent after a reasonable time from the date of the information collection, the operator must delete such information from its records;
- Where the purpose of collecting a parent’s online contact information is to provide voluntary notice to, and subsequently update the parent about, the child’s participation in a Web site or online service that does not otherwise collect, use, or disclose children’s personal information. In such cases, the parent’s online contact information may not be used or disclosed for any other purpose. In such cases, the operator must make reasonable efforts, taking into consideration available technology, to ensure that the parent receives notice as described in § 312.4(c)(2);
- Where the sole purpose of collecting online contact information from a child is to respond directly on a one-time basis to a specific request from the child, and where such information is not used to re-contact the child or for any other purpose, is not disclosed, and is deleted by the operator from its records promptly after responding to the child’s request;
- Where the purpose of collecting a child’s and a parent’s online contact information is to respond directly more than once to the child’s specific request, and where such information is not used for any other purpose, disclosed, or combined with any other information collected from the child. In such cases, the operator must make reasonable efforts, taking into consideration available technology, to ensure that the parent receives notice as described in § 312.4(c)(3). An operator will not be deemed to have made reasonable efforts to ensure that a parent receives notice where the notice to the parent was unable to be delivered;
- Where the purpose of collecting a child’s and a parent’s name and online contact information, is to protect the safety of a child, and where such information is not used or disclosed for any purpose unrelated to the child’s safety. In such cases, the operator must make reasonable efforts, taking into consideration available technology, to provide a parent with notice as described in § 312.4(c)(4);
- Where the purpose of collecting a child’s name and online contact information is to:
- Protect the security or integrity of its Web site or online service;
- Take precautions against liability;
- Respond to judicial process; or
- To the extent permitted under other provisions of law, to provide information to law enforcement agencies or for an investigation on a matter related to public safety; and where such information is not be used for any other purpose;
- Where an operator collects a persistent identifier and no other personal information and such identifier is used for the sole purpose of providing support for the internal operations of the Web site or online service. In such case, there also shall be no obligation to provide notice under § 312.4; or
- Where an operator covered under paragraph (2) of the definition of Web site or online service directed to children in § 312.2 collects a persistent identifier and no other personal information from a user who affirmatively interacts with the operator and whose previous registration with that operator indicates that such user is not a child. In such case, there also shall be no obligation to provide notice under § 312.4.